Re: Oh, BSPV, where are ye?

To: "pkincy P KINCY" <pkincy@msn.com>, jerry@moutons.org,
Subject: Re: Oh, BSPV, where are ye?
From: Chuck Petty <petty1@llnl.gov>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:03:42 -0700
         As a BSPV owner here's a reply for missing the Bay area events
which, by-the-way, Shirley and I were looking forward to attending.
         We attended the SCCA region planning meeting with hopes of
participating in SF region events. However, unexpectedly, the American
Auto-x Series and Sacramento SCCA chapter were able to acquire Sacramento
sites for the season. Please remember AAS and SAC chapter initially lost
sites at Mather and McClellan for security issues due to 9/11. Shirley and
I began auto-x 2 seasons ago when AAS welcomed our outlaw car which didn't
conform to SCCA rules. We feel compelled to support AAS and Sac chapter
because of their efforts to allow our car to run in BSPV. We have since
made our car compliant with BSPV rules but find ourselves limited to
Sacramento events partly because of tire wear. BSPV uses spec tires which
must be ordered before the beginning of the season. This is a one-time
order until next season. So we ran out going to AAS and Sac chapter!
         We truly appreciate the San Francisco region for adding BSPV to
their events and since we live in Livermore we would prefer running more
locally. We simply feel compelled to support AAS when they allowed our car
few years ago and on our personal level must deal with the tire issue.

Hope you understand our thoughts.
Chuck and Shirley Petty
BSPV #68