Re: What's drawing new members?

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: What's drawing new members?
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:43:03 -0400

Message text written by Kevin Stevens

"Both statements are true.  Individually, it doesn't matter.
Collectively, you need a residual mindshare core of some smallish
percentage.

KeS"

SOME of what retains people is car classification. We have been relying on
the SCCA National classes and sometimes they don't exactly fit what every
individual region wants to have.
That's why we have Open Street Prepared in our mix. We could probably offer
even more "local" classes but that would take away the focus of many
members who want to compete at the National, Tour, and Pro Solo events.
        Out of town visitors know they will be competing in a class greatly
similar to what they have at home. As somebody explained to me a long time
ago, it's "the same dumb rules for everybody!"

--John Kelly

--John Kelly