Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock Shock Chalk Talk
From: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:14:34 -0700 (PDT)
I think we're still missing a large chunk of the debate here. Some
tires, prep, etc. right now so why should they on shocks just to be
competitive. The fact of the matter is if you aren't spending bucks on
tires you won't be competitive even with shocks, at the national level.
And, unfortunately all the national guys and gals have to run locally
somewhere. So, for the unfortunate people that have to deal with the
Andy McKees, Vic Sias's, and others like them at the regional level,
you better have the best rubber, shocks, gloves, hat, underware,
breakfast cereal, and the like in order to be competitive, because they
do. The tire argument rings very true... it's much more expensive to
keep up with rubber than with shocks.

We can't look at the argument through "national driver's" and "regional
driver's" eyes and say that one or the other is a minority or that a
rule only favors one or the other. All national drivers are regional
drivers, and all regional drivers have to drive with/against national
drivers. Quite frankly, each one needs the other for our hobby to
survive.

I don't think people would mind spending money on penskes if they could
be ensured that their car would be competitive for 5 or more years with
that setup. What would worry me is that I might make an investment in a
car (whether it's mine already or I buy it specifically to autox) that
could be deemed uncompetitive next year, regardless of equipment.
Again, maybe we should be looking more at stock class stability?

Like Katie said for herself, I'm sure 90% of us will still autox
regardless of what the rules are.

randy
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com