Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:33:19 -0700
Kirk,

Maybe you should read Hoosier's statement again.  They're not just
warning about slippery tires, but blowouts as well.  The reasons I
have been warned not to drive them on the street have to do with
breaking belts, punctures, and blowouts.

I believe that Toyo RA-1s are SCCA approved and some folks believe
that they are just as good or nearly as good as Kumhos.  They cost
about the same, too.  And I expect Hoosier to build a tire to meet the
class requirements if their current model is no longer able to do so.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94