RE: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK

To: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: I need help with understanding Tire options for F STOCK
From: "Kirk Meline" <kirkm@zeta-idt.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 07:52:54 -0700
Hi John

I think your missing the point in that statement from Hoosier.  They just
don't want people using them as street tires.  Why?  Because those tires
take time to heat up and are dangerous when cold.  I know from experience
jumping on the on-ramp to 101 in the morning going to our race.  Sliding
sideways at about 60 mph and looking at a ditch for breakfast will get your
attention.  Whereas street tires basically have the same grip cold or hot.
Why pursue trying to get Hoosiers banned from autocrossing in stock and
prepared classes?  That would leave us with only one good tire.

Kirk