Re: Which side to start the grid

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Which side to start the grid
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 23:43:07 -0700
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> I assume this was AAS.  I think competitors in that series have to
> accept that it doesn't have the same rules structure as SCCA.  That's
> the way Larry wanted it, though there are more rules now than at the
> time of his death...

Nope, SCCA. Last week the exact same thing
occurred at AAS.

The first time I ever ran grid was at an AAS event several
years ago. I was yelled at by one driver for doing it wrong
(not an AAS admin person), complimented by four others
for actually getting every single car through in order and
on time, asked to do it again for the next group by several
people in that group, and got a  free entry from Jesus for
pulling double duty.

As Kevin pointed out, no one has documented anything
except the inverted grid for the first run group (and of
course numbered grids for serious SCCA events). Let's
keep in mind here that all I asked for was some other
points of view. Thanks for yours, and I've answered your
question privately.

Rich Urschel

Ps. I've been running grid "wrong" without complaint ever since.