Re: Which side to start the grid

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: Which side to start the grid
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 21:19:21 -0700
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

>  I feel it starts with the way the grid is filled.

Assuming pre-grid is actually done and you don't
have single driver cars choosing any line other
than the multi-car line. My car takes quite a while
to warm up so I like to get to grid early. I don't
think I've been directed to a specific line since
about 1996. I do however, like to do pre-grid
if I'm going to work grid, barring doing something
else at the time like running on course in a
4-group format.

>  Multi
> driver line goes first, the single driver line that was filled first should
> go next,

Why should the single driver line that filled first run
first? I can think of three problems with this and no
advantages. Help me out here.

>   Take a whole line at a time, with the exception of working in
> the multi-driver cars.

I'll run 3 and 4 driver cars whenever I can get them
ready. I run 2 driver cars as one line as well. I run them
first and again after half of the 1 driver lines have run.
It puts on them the same onus as single drivers to be
ready when their turn comes and seems to help a lot
in getting them out on course on time.

Rich Urschel