Re: Kumhos for WRX

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kumhos for WRX
From: J C <veloimpreza@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:47:19 -0800 (PST)
--- james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net> wrote:
> the good AWD drivers ive ridden with generally 1.
> jiggle the wheel to upset
> the suspension. 2. jerk the wheel so the car turns
> some amount. 3. floor it
> and saw the wheel to make corrections.
>
> perhaps a slight exaggeration, but not much!

That's pretty much what I've been finding so far. I
basically had to take a whole bunch of what
(little???) I had so far learned before the WRX, throw
it out and start learning again. Sometimes it's a bit
embarassing as it seems the fastest way to get through
a turn requires screaching the tires. If I try and
drive it smooth I lose 2 seconds. Also as James
mentioned due to the gearing and where the boost kicks
in you really have to anticipate what you're going to
do with your throttle. Going through a tight turn with
my last car I'd get down on the throttle at the same
time I started to unwind the wheel. With the WRX I
have to get on the throttle A LOT earlier (relatively
speaking). It sure is a blast to drive though after
the initial learning curve.

Cheers, Joe