Re: Kumhos for WRX

To: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>,
Subject: Re: Kumhos for WRX
From: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:57:07 -0800
> It's a little strange for me....the car seems to initially push, then
> transitions to oversteer as you go a little further....but then the way to
> SAVE it is to hit the gas!

the good AWD drivers ive ridden with generally 1. jiggle the wheel to upset
the suspension. 2. jerk the wheel so the car turns some amount. 3. floor it
and saw the wheel to make corrections.

perhaps a slight exaggeration, but not much!

i got to drive my brother's 1995 WRX.  the early models had a locked rear
axle and one big turbo.  needed to left foot brake and floor it even BEFORE
i finished braking due to the lag.  the sensation of all that traction under
power was unnerving.

-james c
OSP - Oh Some Performance!