Re: Digest or unsubscribe??!?!

To: "Stacey" <swilbur@sprynet.com>, "Bryan Medway"
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 20:14:36 -0800
Stacey, you are confused.

"ba-autox-digest" receives ALL messages to ba-autox@autox.team.net.  One
should not send anything directly to ba-autox-digest (in fact, I think such
messages fail).   I was subscribed to both for a while and can attest to
zero loss.

There is a COMPLETELY separate mailing list called autox.  All messages to
autox@autox.team.net will also go to the "ax-digest" list.

There is no crossover between the two lists unless someone explicitly
addresses a message to both lists (something I'd recommend against, BTW).

If you were subscribed to both ba-autox *AND* autox, and comparing the total
number of messages there to those seen in ba-autox-digest, of course there
would appear to be some missing in the digest.

Josh
(long-time administrator of the ba-autox list until I "retired")