TECH STUFF

To: ba-autox-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: TECH STUFF
From: Durk Edwards <solorolla@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:43:56 -0800 (PST)
TECH UPDATE: First of all THANKS to all those who helped with the tech duties
Sunday!!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated by all. Couple of findings were;
cards not COMPLETED, lose or improper air intakes, no numbers or class
designations on cars, and  some lose items in the vehicles. All in all, big
improvements! One BIG problem however was some people parked their cars in tech
and walked away!!! DON'T LEAVE YOUR CAR UN-ATTENDED WHEN YOU COME TO TECH! The
cars were all open, but caused a real back-up for everyone else who wanted to
get through. Also, there were QUESTIONS that needed to be answered about a
couple of those cars.

Now, as mentioned in the A.M. drivers meeting, we need PEOPLE to tech the cars.
I'm lookig for at least 6 people that can work tech on a regular basis. We will
offer the Annual Tech at the next event and I need people to help out. Annual
tech is not mandatory. It will be available for those who have auto-x'd for the
past 3 years. If you haven't or are a rookie/novice, you must complete 12
regular tech inspections to be eligible. A "log" is available to you at the
registration desk. It's placed in the back of your rule book and will be used
as the record of events. After you have succesfully passed the annual tech, you
will receive a sticker, which is placed on the veh. The annual tech is good for
the year. You will have the opportunity to have your veh tec'd, again, the
following year, etc. We will have "spot" checks as we feel necessary and it is
up to the competitor to assure the safety and compliance of their vehicle at
all times. Annual techs will start at 1pm. They WILL take a little longer,
simply because we will look a little closer at things. Please refer to your
rule book for an outline of what is expected. For those of you who are
interested in helping out, please e-mail me. I'd like to get together and
review procedures. Please feel free to ask questions, suggest or comment
anytime. I'll be sending more info and updates as time goes on. THANKS!
Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball