So how do you do it?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: So how do you do it?
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:31:32 -0800
Saw from today's posts that SFR managed to get nearly 340 people though
3 runs at yesterday's autocross. Congratulations! As a Northwest Region
member where we are struggling to deal with 260 entrants (in Seattle in
February!!!) it would be helpful to know just how you guys manage to be
so efficient? We're getting better and better but it's been a struggle
keeping up since the numbers of entrants at our events have grown from
65-100 back in '95 to our current 200-250 range. Every time we think
we're ready for the new level we get still more entries.

Last weekend's event was the back-breaker. After bigger and bigger
entries at each event this year (191 then 226) we were snowed with 256
entrants of which a whopping 110 were novices! Unfortunately several
problems resulted in not everyone being able to run which we want to
prevent from ever happening again so anything NWR could learn from SFR
would be great.

I should point out that these early-season attendance problems were for
our WWSCC series not the NWR/SCCA series which starts this upcoming
weekend. We've discussed requiring SCCA membership as SFR does to limit
entries at SCCA events but since WWSCC is not SCCA and has no membership
per se (it is a council of several unrelated clubs) this solution is not
available to us. What we need to do is be more efficient in event
planning and execution which is where your help would be invaluable.

Thank you very much,

- Alan Dahl

P.S. Please CC me directly on your replies, I am on the digest version
of the list and I'd like to be able to keep your separate responses to
forward on to the folks on our local autox list.

Alan Dahl                                               home:
adahl@eskimo.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                       work: aland@bestnet.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl          ICQ 52688023