RE: Forum/ Sunday's course

To: "'bchafin@attglobal.net'" <bchafin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: Forum/ Sunday's course
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:07:42 -0800
I'd also like to thank Barry and Ed for running an excellent event.  To get
so many cars thru with barely a hitch can only result from the tireless
efforts of the event chairs throughout the day.

I had one interesting observation, having been at the event from start to
finish.  I may or may not be correct, but it seemed like the size and
duration of the 8 run groups was pretty consistent.  I know there was a
recent reshuffling of the run groups to reflect current participation
numbers, and if my perception was correct then this seems to be quite
effective.  Honestly I think this is important when you have 330 cars
running in one day, because whenever you have a big imbalance and end up
with a 2.5 hour run group, you will run into big trouble.  Not enough
workers for some groups for one.  Also worker fatigue, which is perfectly
understandable but often leads to mistakes which take time to sort out.

Thanks again guys!

Peter