Re: Forum/ Sunday's course

To: Barry Chafin <bchafin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Forum/ Sunday's course
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:44:22 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Barry Chafin wrote:

> Jerry -- Thanks for helping Dan out with questions about yesterday's course
>design
> / implementation, your points are on target.  As an Event Chair I'd love to of
> gotten another 15 seconds out of the Oakland lot in order to have three cars
>on
> course @ a time (theoretically more cars in less time). To accomplish the
>task it's
> likely going take a loop or as you pointed out much tighter and less desirable
> course.
>
> Tony's going to try a loop on St. Patty's Day.  Let's hear it for getting
>looped on
> St. Patty's Day!, :^).  Let's hear it for Tony.

Of course I wasn't there, but if you can start cars every 20-25 seconds,
the length of course doesn't make any difference to total time.  Loops
often *impede* you from hitting that range, because they provide potential
for vehicle approximation if the following car is catching up before the
prior car exits (hopefully in the correct direction!).  They have to be
carefully placed to avoid delaying the start.

KeS