Re: "True Street" Results Round 1

To: Scot Zediker <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "True Street" Results Round 1
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:16:17 -0800
> I'm referring to the part where those of us who change their tires at the
> event get penalized on the True Street index for doing so.

first of all, the 1% difference is like 0.4 seconds on most courses, less
than the difference between say, hoosiers and kumhos.  so its not really a
disadvantage, more like a pax.

also, a "True Street" car should be as bad-assed fast on the street as they
are on the course.  if you put on some econo tires then you can get your
nose wiped by any vette on the way to the event.  the idea is that "True
Street" can mop up at the stop light derby as well as driving between some
cones.  so really, allowing tire changing at all is a perversion of the
original intent.

-james creasy
True Street http://www.thevenom.net/truestreet.html