Re: where to get a new helmet

To: "Craig Haggart, SSRL Accelerator Ops Group"
Subject: Re: where to get a new helmet
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:12:50 -0800
my impression was that the SA rated helmet differed from the M rated helmets
in two ways:

1. SA are fire retardant (if trapped inside car more likely to get burned
than trapped on cycle) and

2. SA for multiple impacts, M for single big one.  (again due to multiple
bumps inside a car)

i forget where i heard this.

its kind of silly to wear a helmet in autocross.  makes us feel more
serious, perhaps.  at the big track i wear arm restraints, gloves and need
to get a better helmet! a guy rolled his cobra at thunderhill last year and
busted his thumb all up.

-james
http://thevenom.net/forum