Re: where to get a new helmet

To: pjsimm@inreach.com
Subject: Re: where to get a new helmet
From: "Craig Haggart, SSRL Accelerator Ops Group"
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:39:24 -0700 (PDT)
   > I was thinking a SA helmet for autocross.

SCCA and NASA both allow M-type helmets for autocrossing.
Unless you plan to go Formula 1 racing sometime soon, an
SA-type helmet is just going to cost you a whole lot more
money for no real benefit.  (My opinion, of course.)

If you change your mind, you might want to check out
www.ridegear.com to see the variety of Snell M2000 helmets
available for reasonable prices.

If a helmet is OK for hurtling down the freeway on top of a
motorcycle with nothing around you for protection, surely it
will suffice for use inside a car, with seat belt, shoulder
harness, and probably an air bag, driving around a parking
lot in second gear...?

--
-Craig Haggart
 haggart@slac.stanford.edu