Re: 2500 lb Miata?

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@home.com>
Subject: Re: 2500 lb Miata?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:59:07 -0700
On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 02:26:44PM -0700, Pat Kelly wrote:
> So do Miatas fly...and ultimately they'll be faster than the Elans, in my
> opinion.

In fact, there is a company dedicated to that prospect: Flyin' Miata.
They make a turbo kit which will produce around 220 HP at the wheels
in its "mild" form.  Zoom, zoom.

Pat, by "ultimately" do you mean as they evolve, or as they get
modified/prepared, or once someone really, really knows how to drive
one?

Rumor is that the next generation will get a 2.3L I4 engine -- let's
hope that they keep the chassis light, and that with an aluminum block
the new engine isn't any heavier than the iron-block 1.8L.

I will be paying close attention to Andy Hollis in his CSP effort...

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94