Tilt-bed car trailers

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tilt-bed car trailers
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:57:17 -0700
A lot of you guys are talking about these rollback-based tilt-beds.

When I was looking for a full-sized tilt-bed trailer, I didn't want a
rollback.  I was afraid that with the huge motorhome, I wouldn't even be
able to tell how far to back up, etc.  My second Formula Ford came with this
great homemade tilt-bed trailer that wasn't a rollback.  It was incredibly
convenient in every way, so I really wanted something similar when it came
time to buy a full-sized trailer.

The one I found is here:

   http://www.totalusa.com/Jim-Glo/tilt.html

>From what you are all saying it sounds cheaper than the rollbacks, and I'll
guarantee it's easier to use.  I drove 13,000 miles with it behind the
motorhome and had no problems other than a flat tire.  It's very convenient
one-person operation, no ramps, no rollbacks.  To get the car off, you just
park your rig, walk to the trailer, unstrap the car, pull the pin, get in
the car, and drive off (the trailer tilts when you move the car backwards).

To load, you just drive up onto the trailer (it will tilt as you drive on),
pin it, strap the car down, and drive away.  No ramps, no moving the tow
vehicle.

Kevin McCormick borrowed it for last year's Nationals, perhaps he can
comment.  It has since been stolen so I can't show it to you.

Other than being a little tongue-heavy, it was really a great trailer.  It's
about $3600, and comes in any color you like.  Prices and options are on the
web site.

Josh