Yet another diatribe regarding numbers...

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yet another diatribe regarding numbers...
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:39:10 -0700
It seems that, no matter how many times we go over this, we STILL have a few
folks out there with numbers we can't read from the trailer.  This is due to
one of the following factors:

1) Shoe-polish numbers on car window
2) Only one set of numbers, on the side away from the trailer at start
3) Poor contrast to body color
4) Too small

Okay, repeat after me:  Numbers should be at least 8" high with a 1.25"
stroke, in a color contrasting with the car's body color.  Class letters
should be smaller (mine are 4" high).  A couple of us in the trailer during
my work group (group 6, if you're wondering) were discussing the possiblity
of forcing people with number problems as we described above to work the
trailer, on the theory that this might make them see what we're complaining
about.

C'mon, folks, this isn't hard.  It isn't expensive either.

Scot
'91 CS Miata whose magnetic numbers cost less than $20 to make (including
paint)

52% of all Americans are in some sort of legal situation.  Are you one of
them?
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/szediker