Car movies

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car movies
From: "Mary Flinn" <laddle@cwnet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 22:16:16 -0700
Ah, c'mon!  Nobody has mentioned my absolute favorite, Gumball Rally?  Not
only a fine, funny film on its own, but OOOOOOOH!  THE SOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!  I
was already hooked on the movie when I read an article on the making of, and
the producer was so intent on getting the sounds right for each car that
they rented a chassis dyno and ran the cars up past 100 mph just to record
the exhaust!  There is still nothing that sounds just sooooo cool as a 365
GTS/4 Ferrari Daytona at proper rpm!  You just want a quick remote control
for the TV so you can turn the sound down for the dialogue, turn it up
(LOUD) for your choice of vehicle (down to and including a Kawasaki KH 400
two stroke triple).  I still want a Daytona Spyder from watching that film,
oh...100 times or so.  If anyone wants to trade their Ferrari for a 4WD
Toyota with 325,000 miles, let me know...
Matt Leicester
FSP 33 Toyota Hotruck