RE: Thanks and observations

To: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>,
Subject: RE: Thanks and observations
From: "Navid Kahangi" <navidk@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:56:22 -0700
KeS conveniently passes the buck...
-----Original Message-----

Jim, Rex, Navid - anybody have Beemer setup tips for Mike?

KeS
--------------------------

I have always run the same size tires on the front and back of my car, but
then again, mine is a '95 and came with same size tires.  I have also rolled
my fenders (no no in stock class), so can't give you advise on tire size.  I
used to squeeze 255/40/17 Kumhos under there, but I doubt you can fit them
without rolling the fenders and lots o' negative camber.

My advise to you on tires: Get another set of rims, put a set of Kumhos on
them.  Change tires at home the night before the event and drive to the
event on them.  Saves you time at the event and saves your nice car from
hauling tires around.  Kumhos are a lot more forgiving with wrong tire
pressure (common problem when you are just getting started).  Not to mention
they are much cheaper than Hoosiers and your expensive street tires.

Good luck!

--Navid
p.s. Hey Kevin, you can easily get more negative camber out of the new M3.
Just thought you might want to know.  :)