Re: Silly course question

To: <giles@vy.com>
Subject: Re: Silly course question
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:12:17 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: <giles@vy.com>
To: "Grantz, Sherry" <Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com>
Cc: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 10:28 AM

> Seconded. T&S work is actually pretty easy, and you don't get wet or
> sunburnt. But to do properly you really need a cone counter, a card
> sorter, a timing person and an announcer. And the people you get to work
> with are cool, of course. Its safer than standing on course. (Need I go
> on?)

Hey, why do you think us T&S "regulars" like doing T&S?  Especially at GGF
or 3Com, where you have to deal with cold wind off the bay regardless of the
time of year.

> Card sorting is also much easier at SFR events rather than NASA ones.
> Trying to sort cards without that funky card box we have is way too
> difficult.... (And if you think SFR has it bad with bad numbers, at Marina
> last weekend we had people running two drivers with the same numbers,
> numbers on only once side, etc, etc. It wasn't terribly easy...)

You noticed that too, huh?  BTW, were you in one of the morning groups?  (I
ran in the afternoon.)

As for NASA's problem with numbers, they now pitch themselves as the "fun"
club.  So in their case, I'd be inclined to back off A LITTLE on the number
deal (but the drivers had better make sure their numbers are correct and
visible).

Scot
'91 CS Miata

52% of all Americans are in some sort of legal situation.  Are you one of
them?
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/szediker