Silly course question

To: "Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Silly course question
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:11:37 -0700
That was a fun course; I DNFed all three times but still went home smiling. It
seems I was driving right past the 2nd slalom coming out of the far side of
the course. I never even noticed that I was missing it until my last run,
where I finally saw it next to me and said, "oh drat!" (or something like
that). One would think that after spending over an hour sweeping the course in
the morning, it would have been ingrained in my mind. I guess the idea never
made it through my thick skull. Maybe I was looking too far ahead, to the next
section of the course and just didn't see the slalom that was right in front
of me.

Anyway, my silly course question is the following: what direction was one
supposed to drive around the first slalom cone? I wouldn't know; I never even
saw it.

Thanks, and now I must return to picking all the gravel chunks out of my car.
Sweeping the asphalt at GGF seems about as effective as sweeping sand in the
desert.

See ya next time,