Re: Stopping for Timing Slips

To: OSP13@attglobal.net, rex_tener@yahoo.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stopping for Timing Slips
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:39:40 EDT
Rex Tener wrote:

> I am sure it is documented in the same place with the rule that says "If you
> hit the timing lights it's a DNF".

> <<  And would perhaps that place be in the minds of people

> presuming more authority than they actually have?  >>

Okay, let's make the jobs of the Steering Committee and Event Chairs tougher,
and make sure that absolutely every conceivable occurrence is in the supps.
I made the cell phone on course rule.  You don't like it?  Too bad.
Sometimes rules need to be made on the spot, usually to cover human
stupidity.  The kid running for the downed cone and putting it back in its
box, while talking on the cell phone was being stupid.  I suppose we can put
all these rules in the supps (you know, the ones nobody reads) if it makes
you happy.  Or, we can write a rule empowering Event Chairs to impose their
own safety related rules.  I thought there was a section on "unnecessary
delay of event" that covered hitting the timers, but can't find it.

CHD