Re: Stopping for Timing Slips

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: Stopping for Timing Slips
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:06:49 -0700
"Kelly, Katie" wrote:

> Historically, it has always been that if you don't stop to get your timing
> slip after your run, you are awarded an automatic DNF. Yet, I cannot find
> this written as fact in our supplemental regulations. Does anyone know if
> this is in the 2001 rulebook? I want to look myself, but I don't have one
> handy.
>
> Thanks,
> Katie K.

The rule book (2000) actually recommends against
coming to a complete stop after the finish line.
SFR supp 10 gives some authority for DSQ due to
unsafely exiting the course without stopping.

I've never seen more than a warning handed out,
and I've never seen anyone do it twice in a row.
I've never understood it to be an automatic DNF.
Rich