Re: WAY TO GO JOHNNY JR.

To: <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: WAY TO GO JOHNNY JR.
From: "Mike Lella" <lella@gotnet.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:32:40 -0800
How about if I write the Headline:

"Underrated John Lawrence Blasts To Victory In Underpowered Car Despite
Torrential Conditions"
                       a bit wordy, but it notes the important facts.

Or:

"Non-Bay Area Driver Gets Notice In SFR Region"
No, that's derogatory to SFR Folks.....

Or, I like this one:
"I Saw It With My Own Eyes, John Lawrence Settles It At Candlestick Once
And For All",
no, that's something that Katie would write, like she did after the last
Malibu thing (and that would be insulting)

No Pat, I can't write. In fact, what you and John do for autocross is
invaluable. In no way did I mean this as an insult to the Pylon. It's hard
to satisfy everybody and writing puts you in a position where you're damned
if you do and damned if you don't (I still think John deserves some mention
for his accomplishment this weekend. So does Mr. SuperRu  Noll).

Seriously, in three years of racing, John's name or picture has never once
been in the Pylon (outside of the results). He would really appreciate the
recognition and this weekend he earned it.

Mike