Re: Who has a dB meter I can borrow?

To: Dan USA <dandalen@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Who has a dB meter I can borrow?
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:53:16 -0800
For several years Don McKenna was our sound guy; I think now it's Kevin
Stevens (I'm not sure). Whoever it is should be out taking readings of
particularly loud cars (and we do have some). Also, for years, we've had
the 95dbA at 100 feet because we originated at the Alameda County
Fairgrounds, which required that limitation. We've carried that ever
since. This sound limitation is supposed to be enforced at all events.
:) Don't know if it is, but I'm sure I'll find out when the 7 is running
this weekend. For San Diego, we have to get it down to 93dbA at 50 feet.
As someone pointed out the distance is very important; also affecting
the sound level can be cloud cover (cloudy days will be noisier than
sunny days), where the exhaust is pointing, all kinds of little things.
--Pat Kelly