Re: Who has a dB meter I can borrow?

To: Jim Ochi <jochi@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: Who has a dB meter I can borrow?
From: <giles@vy.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 16:48:53 -0800 (PST)
No local laws, according to the document Vitaly posted, which states:

Q12 Can local authorities enact or enforce more strict ordinances
regarding vehicle noise?
No. Section 21 VC makes the VC applicable and uniform throughout the
state, and prohibits local authorities from enacting or enforcing any
ordinance on the matters covered by the VC unless expressly authorized to
do so. In-use vehicle noise is addressed in Sections 23130 and 23130.5 VC.
There Is no provision in the VC that permits local authorities to adopt
additional noise limitations. Consequently, citations issued under such
ordinances are invalid.

The document he references does appear to say that its a judgement call of
the officer tthough :(

       Giles