Re: Turnouts

To: Boris Elpiner <boriselp@altavista.net>, lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: Turnouts
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:32:32 -0700 (PDT)
The GGC-BMW-CC both limits entries and only has online
registration, it works just fine IMHO. Reg closes a
couple of days before the event. I'm not sure what
happens if you turn up on the day without
pre-registering, but few/no people seem to try it.

They don't process payments online and you have to
mail them a check (how un-Silicon Valley :-) ).

I'd guess that you could set up a Yahoo storefront
(costs $100/month, IIRC) and take registrations
through that. Anyody out there looked at doing this?

Getting signed up with a credit card processor
shouldn't be an issue, but for card-not-present
transactions, rates can be as high as 8%. PayPal might
be the way to go? I don't know if Yahoo has any
specials?

If there's interest, I'll spend time looking at the
Yahoo store/Credit Card processing angle.

Craig