Re: Attendance

To: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Attendance
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:50:58 -0400
Carl Merritt wrote:

> I'm not sure throwing all the rookies into Street Tire class is a wise thing.
> Wasn't the whole point of the rookie program this year to have rookies run in
> the same run groups as their regular class drivers to learn more?

Carl, do you understand I proposed this for the
slush series; not for next year?

> We would probably end up with only slightly fewer rookies and the rest not
> learning as much.  The other problem is that the run group opposite this big
> block of rookies has to deal with a totally rookie crew working for them,
> which not only leads to bad cone counts but also safety issues on course when
> almost every shagger is green.

Under my proposal there would be zero totally
green rookies in the street tire class. And nobody
said all of the soon to be ex-rookies had to run
there. First timers would be spread evenly over
the afternoon run groups. I think we could keep
our eye on street tire and the few rookies who
might be lucky enough to join on the spot a lot
easier than watching seven of the eight groups.
We could even teach them to pick up cones
when KeS runs.

>  This would of course put yet more load on the registration people

Please volunteer to be next year's registrar and
recruit enough people to work the table for
each of the next 25 events. Many hundreds
of people will appreciate it.

Rich Urschel

Ps. SpellCheck wants me to change ex-rookies
to exorcise.