Re: T&S positions (how naughty!)

To: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: T&S positions (how naughty!)
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:55:58 -0700
You'll notice that they never post times, not even to putting up the
printouts, because they really don't know what car turned what time. It
would take someone at the keyboard putting in the info to correlate the
times with cars. Even at nationals, there is a little tape that's run
with the times in sequence, but the times are actually hand-keyed into
the computer as the event goes on. I saw this with my own eyes. :-) That
is with a data base already input because the event is pre-register. Our
data base has about 2700 names acquired in the last 2.5 years, and I'm
going to have to get a zip disk drive for my old laptop to transfer data
between this computer and the laptop. Yeah, I know there are better ways...
        To keep up with the enormous number of new folks who show up at an
event, class, car, # changes, index changes, sloppy handwriting, lack of
entry cards (!!!), would drive anyone crazy, and very nearly did me in.
And to do it at an event, well, with all the interruptions that happen,
it is very difficult, if you want to have fun while you're there. I
tried it at an Oakland event this year on my laptop and finally realized
it wasn't fun.
--Pat Kelly