Re: Streamlining the Trailer

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Streamlining the Trailer
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:24:04 -0700
i was the scorer for the 7th group.  there was one car left to run and i
handed the card to the next scorer and told him "this car has one run in the
7th run group left".  there was also one car with two runs that did not
re-appear.  were there other cars that did not get back to the card sorter?

i have done the changeover before the end of the current group (with mom
kelly IIRC) and normally is not a problem as long as the new crew knows what
cars/cards are running or havent run yet.

it is *necessary* to double check the car type with the number, sometimes
people run different numbers than on the cards, forget to change numbers for
two drivers (car type doesnt help here!) or have duplicate numbers in
different classes.

when i work as scorer, i double check the car type and number before the car
crosses the finish to make sure i am holding the right card.  problem creep
in when there is a car coming in and i dont have the card for it because
someone is looking at for whatever reason and it gets put out of order.  you
also have to make sure the time poster doesnt snatch them up before a late
cone call or correction comes in.  but the #1 problem is not having the card
(or right card) for a car on the course.

ive done card sorting too, and it is the hardest job, especially with 40+
drivers in a group. if we are posting times and the cards get back late it
is even harder.  having someone to sort the cards back into the box would
help, esp in the bigger run groups.

-james creasy