RE: Inner QuandAries

To: "'Craig Boyle'" <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Inner QuandAries
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:42:42 -0700
Well, here's what I'm PROBABLY going to do:

Just order a new set of shocks to mollify my mind. Not only am I just not in
the position to go out an buy a new car at this point, with class
structurings and car potential so up in the air right now in so many
classes, there really is no sure thing. Well, there never was, but when I
bought Lucy, I knew she'd be competitive for at least a couple of years,
which is why I chose a Miata R. Nowadays, every year seems like a crap
shoot.

Anyway, no, but seriously, in response to Darren's question, there were
several Spyders at Sunday's event. One of them was driven by David Colman,
who is a national caliber (and highly under-rated) driver indeed. We ran in
the third group. My best was a 43.0 on year old Kumhos (not that impressive
considering D. Butts did a 41 high (!) in his CS MR-2 that first group), and
it was rather slippery out there. David was on OEM tires, and I think did a
low 44, possibly even faster.

But then, I took some fun runs in Peter Thana's AS-ST BMW M Coupe that
afternoon and beat my time by .2, which further indicates to me that R tires
aren't necessarily such an advantage at GGF.

It's really hard to say at this point if the Spyder will *dominate* at all.
I think it's one more extremely competitive car. It's a tough call, but the
good news for me is I'm not in any sort of financial position to make that
kind of decision.  I just couldn't decide what to do about shocks, mainly.

Thank you all for your advice! And no, Craig, I will never take any sort of
beating, especially like a man. :)

Katie K.