GGF Round 13 Thanks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: GGF Round 13 Thanks
From: ejbaylis@pacbell.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:32:01 -0700
On behalf of my co-chair, Ben Martinez, and myself, I would like to thank
the many people who helped at yesterday's event.  I would miss too many if
I tried to name you all, so I hope you know who you are!  Registration,
set-up in the AM, teardown in the PM, Safety Stewards, getting the site
swept and many people who worked more than one work group or who
helped announce to the folks in the paddock when it was time for workers to
report, etc.  There was a lot of flexibility and helpfulness demonstrated all
day long.  Despite the lack of our traditional means of communication, most
people managed to get to grid, make their runs and report for work.

We had some things that made life a little difficult:  not all the radios were
working, so some course workers needed to semaphore their cone counts;
the low frequency FM system didn't seem to work despite Rob's best
efforts, the 10:00 AM mandated start time meant no morning fun runs,
though we did manage an hour's worth at the end of the day; and the lack of
the PA system meant some communication glitches.  But Ben provided a
fast, fun course, the weather goddess smiled and a good time seemed to be
had by the vast majority.

I look forward to Round 14, back at GGF, which certainly is a beautiful
spot and a great site.

Thanks again, everyone,

EJ

#2 ASL MR2T

P.S.  Katie- Thanks for suggesting the Pyramid Brewery, and thanks for
the amazing stories!