RE: Inner QuandAries

To: "'lollipop@ricochet.net'" <lollipop@ricochet.net>,
Subject: RE: Inner QuandAries
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:13:01 -0700
Don McKenna writes...

> "R" tires are almost allways an advantage unless its raining or there's a
> lot of loose stuff all over, then, in both conditions, the "rains" rule.

All I can tell you is that when I ran Lucy in the third group, I FELT like I
was on street tires, and crappy ones at that. This was the first time I
thought maybe my Miata had too much horsepower. When I drove Peter's car
(thank you Peter!), this most amazing BMW Z3 Coupe in fun runs that
afternoon, I felt much more connected to the ground. At this point, I really
have no idea why this is, because normally, there is such a gap between the
R tires and the street tires. Rick Gould, a fantastic Miata driver, also did
a 43.0 in Kevin Lahey's Miata that afternoon on R tires. But then Derek
Butts did a 41.8 in the first run group in his CS MR-2. Explain that! Beyond
the obvious, like he just drove way better than we did. :)

In no way am I complaining about the site. I love GGF.

Ciao,
Katie