Re: Helmet

To: mrc01@flash.net, kkelly@spss.com
Subject: Re: Helmet
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 12:24:42 EDT
Alberto wrote:

<< Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, I now have a few
 > > places to look
 > > for them. I was curious, do you guys prefer open face for
 > > autocross or does
 > > it really matter? For those who use closed, is heat a
 > > problem?, and does it
 > > restrict your vision more? >>

To me it depends on the type of car (open or closed) that you're going to
drive.  I used to have a closed face helmet, and in closed cars, it semed to
hot and unnecessary, so I've used open face helmets since.

Vision is more restricted in SA closed face helmets than in motorcycle closed
face for obvious reasons.  I think the difference in vision restriction
between a motorcycle closed face and an open face is minimal.

When I drive open cars, even with a full windshield, like Miatae or T-Top
Corvettes, I find that my eyes water in an open face helmet, so closed face
might be more important there...

CHD