Re: Helmet

To: alberto@TotallyGames.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helmet
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 18:14:18 EDT
alberto@TotallyGames.com writes:

<< Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, I now have a few places to look
 for them. I was curious, do you guys prefer open face for autocross or does
 it really matter? For those who use closed, is heat a problem?, and does it
 restrict your vision more?
  Thanks,
  Alberto >>

For those of us who run an open car, an open face helmet means goggles or a
full face shield. Those will restrict your vision as well. I have always used
a fully closed face helmet, both in open cars and closed. You never know what
your chin might find! Also, if you want to try an open track event at Laguna
or Thunderhill, or something like it, a Snell SA rated helmet is usually
required. The M95 units are fine for Solo II - and much cheaper. - Seth