Re: Sunday's Finish/Grid area

To: bnemy@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Sunday's Finish/Grid area
From: Bryan Nemy <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 22:03:24 -0700
Barry,
    Just in case you did not receive this the first time I am re sending it.
The
issue here was not so much the finish, as it was safe.  The problem was the
close
proximity to the grid.  An additional problem was the stuck throttle and cold
brakes on your car.  What kind of brake material are you using? Is it
appropriate
for auto crossing, where you don't have time to heat up the pads?  Is your
throttle setup in compliance with 15.10.E.3, in the SOLO II rule book, which
states "All throttle linkages shall be equipped with more than one system of
positive throttle closure"?  What was the cause of the stuck throttle.  Should
we
work on improving our tech procedures to catch potential stuck throttles?  When
we point fingers at others don't forget that you were the only finisher all day
that had a problem and that we did make a correction to the grid after the
incident.

Bryan