Re: Free Practice event: GGF

To: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Free Practice event: GGF
From: Derek Butts <pnc1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:17:00 -0700
Craig,

Sorry I  was out of town at the Seattle National Tour.  Best results on
the IS 300 were to position the gear shift lever in low and shift to
second manually.  Don't forget to turn the traction control off.  Make
sure you take out a car with the LSD - otherwise it's sit-and-spin.

The course will be really narrow to keep speeds down.  Dangerous driving
will get you kicked off.  There will be a lane change section, ABS test
section, a rough road section, and an accident avoidance area where they
will throw foam boulders out from behind objects.

The "hot laps" with the professional drivers are a blast.  Usually they
send out three or four cars that chase each other around the course.
The drivers try to entertain more than get fast times.  Plan for alot of
sideways driving with some interesting techniques for breaking the cars
loose :  )   Dukes of Hazzard kind of stuff.

Lexus partners up with AMCI  (Automotive Marketing Consultants Inc.) to
put on the event.  Solo II National Champions Gary Thomason and George
Dogainis both work for the company along with some other very well know
race car drivers.  Ask them lots of questions to keep them interested in
the event.

Oh yeah - you will have the opportunity to drive the 328 and the A4
too....

Have fun and I may see some of you there!!!

-Derek