SFRSCCA events

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SFRSCCA events
From: Barry Spencer <BSpencer@tsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:46:59 -0700
To all,
       Is there a good reason why the SFR events are not held in
Sacramento?. This time of the season is very important to get GOOD seat
time for the driver's who are going to attend the Nationals.  The event at
GGF was NOT good seat time with the condition of the surface, nor was
Sunday's event at Marina. Even with the course on Sunday reassemble clean
to start.  The grid area is FULL of small stones which racing slicks love
to pick up. Then it takes half of your next run to get your tires
clean.   3 Com park is to bumpy for mod cars. The surface is really bad at
the Coliseum. I'm sorry if I sound VERY frustrated. Many of you may not
know what happened to me on my second timed run on Sunday. My throttle
stuck wide open when I crossed the finish line. With the cold weather my
brakes didn't work very well.  I looked up to find the exit of the course
full of cars waiting on the pre grid, and the time slip guy standing very
close to the exit. Luckily I managed to miss everything. :>)))).   I was
possible reaching a speed of 50mph at the finish, and having the exit going
straight to the pre grid area was NOT GOOD.  I spoke to many people about
the danger of the exit design. One person mentioned it was bought up before
the event had started, and nothing was done about it.  Maybe, there added a
small zig zag after the finish. A larger zig zag should have been added
before the finish to slow the cars down at the finish line. I also
mentioned it to the Safety Stewart who said talk to Ben he's the guy who
designed the course. I would have thought the Safety Stewart's job was to
correct a safety problem, and to over rule the course design.  Isn't that
his job?.

Thanks for reading

Barry Spencer
EM 98
PS. When I attend  SFR events now, I feel like a rookie. Where did the old
timers go.  AAS, SAC?