RE: One problem with Albany

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: One problem with Albany
From: "Navid Kahangi" <nkahangi@interwoven.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:05:45 -0700

Since you open this can of worms, I have to tell you my sad story from the
last event.  My first 2 runs on Sunday were dirty.  On my third run, I was
going through the first slalom with walls of cones.  After the second wall,
I noticed the entire wall (3 cones) were laying down.  No, these were not
the pointer cones on the outside of the slalom, this was one of the walls
you had to get around.  By the time I put on the breaks, I was up to the
next wall.  At this point I figured it was too late to stop and got back on
the gas.

That was my only clean run, so I got stuck with that time.  After I parked
my car, I had to sprint over there (come to think of it, I did hear
snickering :)) to point out to the course workers the downed cones.  To
which they replied "they were like that when we got here".  Now, I knew they
were not down the first 2 times I went through, so I had to point out the
choked boxes to prove my point.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it :).

I'm with Kevin on this one.  Specially now that we only get 3 runs, we need
to do a better job on course to make all of them fair.

--Navid