One problem with Albany

To: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Subject: One problem with Albany
From: "Steven J. Sherwood" <ssher@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:17:25 -0700
Since we had no announcers...and only during some runs
did the timing slips individual have a radio...I got
a reported second run of 56.7 seconds.  I made the
assumption that it was clean..since my timing slip
didn't show Plus anything.  I also did not think I
got close to a cone, so I had no reason to question
my time.  On my first run I spun, so that was no
good...so for the last run I tried to increase the
speed and smoothness...well, I failed and got a 57.4
second time with a goof in the back section.

My issue is that since I thought my second run
was clean...I went for it in the third run..and
messed it up.  Without having an announcer..and
without any clear and quick communication going to
the timing slip person..they did not indicate
anything in terms of cones down.

My suggestion is that the next runs at Albany
make sure that the timing slip person have a
radio (on another channel of course) and that
people in the trailer quickly tell the timing
slip person of any cones.  That way the competitor
can get a true picture of the results.

This is not meant as a complaint..just a
comment and suggestion.  BTW, I didn't change
in relative position in CSP this event because
of this issue.  So, it may be a mute point.

(off the podium now)

Steve S.
00 Audi S4
#47 CSP