Re: Windshield slime...

To: Bay Area Autocross <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield slime...
From: Jeremy Bergsman <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:15:25 -0700
Keith Hearn wrote:

> The 4 bonds per carbon is right. I'm just not sure if the double bonds
>   between carbons like I drew (C6H6) or two hydrogens per carbon (C6H12)
>   is more stable.

Both are pretty stable, but I guess the cyclohexane (extra hydrogens) is
more stable than the benzene (extra double bonds).  Neither is too great for
your health.

Interestingly I got the same slimy effect on my windshield in my old car
which never had the problem before after I cleaned up the effects of an
exploded coke can which completely covered the inside of the car.  I was
thinking it was somehow the coke, but you guys now have me thinking it was
the cleaner, which was the 409/spic and span type thing from the price
club.  It was a problem for about 9 months after that.  Good to know the
cure for next time....
--
Jeremy Bergsman
jeremybb@stanford.edu