Re: Windshield slime...

To: Greg Umbay <greg_umbay@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Windshield slime...
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:41:03 -0700
In message <20000531221555.733.qmail@web2004.mail.yahoo.com>, Greg Umbay writes
:
> --0-1649760492-959811355=:28663
>

> I think that each carbon molecule needs one more hydrogen
>
> molecule. I think that 1 carbon molecule can bond to 4 other
>
> molecules...

The 4 bonds per carbon is right. I'm just not sure if the double bonds
  between carbons like I drew (C6H6) or two hydrogens per carbon (C6H12)
  is more stable. I think the extra hydrogens would probably be more
  stable, assuming they were available. I think either one should be
  possible, depending on circumstances.

But what do I know? Dammit Jim, I'm a Computer Programmer, not a
  Chemist!

This is autox content, really! Fuel is full of bezene rings like
  these.  Although a few oxygens tossed in would make it burn
  cleaner and probably knock less, if I correctly recall what I've
  read about that sort of thing.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA