RE: Anyone going to Montreal?

To: "'John Kilpatrick'" <kilpatri@netcom.com>,
Subject: RE: Anyone going to Montreal?
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:49:14 -0700
I'm not going this year, but I went last year.  For 3 years in a row I tried
to go but there was always some reason I couldn't, like airfares,
graduation, etc.  Last year I finally made it and I have to say you are
really going to enjoy it.  We didn't have the best seats (bronze, on the
back chicane I think) but it was still absolutely amazing to see those guys
going through the same corner over and over and always doing it exactly the
same way.  Each driver seems to have his own style and you can really see it
better up close than on TV.  I remember Frentzen would always lightly lock
up his right front for about 2 yards under braking into the chicane.  Of the
80 some laps I saw him do over 3 days, I swear he locked up the same wheel
in exactly the same spot every time.  Amazing.

Have fun!

Peter "attending a bachelor party in Vegas and rushing back to catch the 24
Heures du Mans on Speedvision that weekend" Thana