Re: Limiting Entries

To: navid@interwoven.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Limiting Entries
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 02:19:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/00 5:44:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
nkahangi@interwoven.com writes:

<<
 Valid concern, not a good solution!  If you shorten the overlap to 15
 seconds, you better up your 4.5 runs to 6.  With a 15 second overlap, 2
 cones down means a rerun for the next car.  Next car stops to point out the
 down cone, the 3rd car has to be red flagged.  Since with 15 second overlaps
 you might have 4 cars on the course, the 4th one will also get a rerun.

 I really don't think we can shorten the overlap to less than 25 seconds.  >>

1)  trailer crews can't handle less than 25 seconds
2)  course workers can't safely get cones back in place in 15 seconds
3)  overlap cars with different speeds won't work with 15 second overlaps
4)  red flags can't be displayed quickly enough with a car 15 sec. behind

CHD