Re: Three Runs

To: "Jeremy Bergsman" <jeremybb@leland.Stanford.EDU>,
Subject: Re: Three Runs
From: "Debbie Cunningham" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:49:32 -0700
Jeremy, I think your response was very thoughtful and diplomatic and I agree
with what you are saying.  Are suggestions unwelcome if the one making the
suggestion is unable to do the "90%" of the work required to implement the
idea?  If so, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  In this day and
age, people get paid big money for using their head .  That is as it should
be.  The unfortunate part of this equation is that those who volunteer to
run these events do not get paid.  That does not make the ideas any less
valuable.

 I don't feel that people resenting those who do not do "as much work" as
they do is a reason for people with good ideas and no means (ie., time) to
implement them to be summarily dismissed and chastised for being forward
thinking enough to suggest them.

Sorry for my long winded and unsolicited opinion...oh, not really  ;~)

Debbie*who supposes she will be appropriately chastised for expressing her
opinion"