Re: Some truth, some opinion, and views on Sac Hotels

To: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Subject: Re: Some truth, some opinion, and views on Sac Hotels
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 15:27:30 -0400
Robert Glover wrote:

> I've made MANY, MANY suggestions to the region and offered to help more times
> than I can count. They've all been IGNORED or passed over as unnecessary."

You can call us names and attribute whatever you want
to us, but you simply can't claim we've ignored all your
ideas. Some of the members of the SFR Steering
Committee were quite interested in a number of your
ideas regarding welcoming newcomers and especially
in your offer to make some signs. At the meeting
where we were to discuss which signs would do
the most good, you didn't show, and we were
told you had withdrawn your offer.

> I've no doubt failed to suck up to the right people, attend all the steering
> committee meetings...... OR chaired a bunch of events.

Wouldn't do you a lick of good.

> And the difference between myself and some of the others is that I'm not
> afraid to speak up and piss people off.

Now there's a unique characteristic never seen
on this list before.

Rich Urschel

Ps. The Holiday Inn in Toronto is the best hotel I've
ever stayed in and the Holiday Inn in Dayton, Ohio
is the worst (and 50% more expensive). In Sacramento,
I can recommend the Sheraton near Mather (ask for
an "AAS" rate), and the Residence Inn by Marriott at
Cal Expo. I have no experience with the Holiday Inn
at I80 and Madison but I wouldn't be afraid to try it on
Jeanine's recommendation. I hear the cheap motels
near McClellan are to be avoided unless, of course,
you'd like something to talk about.