Re: Hoosier blues

To: navid@interwoven.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hoosier blues
From: "avillasol" <avillasol@primo.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 17:21:23 +0000
Well after Lemoore, it's seems to me that Hoosier fixed the delamination
problem they were having, but now have a wear issue.  I bought a set of
2000's in January, and ran one event, including the practice event before
running the Divisional in Phoenix (which had 3 courses each around 30 to 40
sec).  On the final course we corded the left front really bad, and had worn
the other tires pretty good too.  A total of 30 runs on the 2000 set.

Currently, I'm running on the '99 tires I used at last year's Nationals.
And including the San Diego Tour & LEMOORE Pro, the tires have 30 runs on
them with enough life for at least a couple more events.  I was impressed at
how well they held up at Lemoore after seeing and hearing what was happening
to everyone elses NEW Hoosiers.  Wish I would have bought at least two sets
of the '99 compound tires!!  Now they're all gone!!

And did I mention that the Phoenix Divisional was on asphalt??  It was
abrasive, but nothing like Lemoore concrete!

Regardless of the faster wear of the new Hoosier, I think it is the better,
faster tire by far, at least where it counts the most - Topeka concrete!!
IMHO, of course.

Arie